Prefer a video? Watch it all below!
Why Do You Need to Give Access to Your Google Ads Account?
Giving them access allows you to let them audit or work on your campaigns without having to share your log in details (please never do that!).
When you give someone else access to your account, you have complete control over the permissions they get. You can also view the actions they take in the history tab.
How to Grant Access to Google Ads Accounts
Here’s how to grant access directly from your Google Ads account:
- Log in to the Google Ads account you want to give access to
- Go to Tools and Settings in the top right corner
- Select Access and Security
- Hit the blue + button
- Add the email address of the person you want to give access to the account
- Choose the permissions you want to grant them
- Hit SEND INVITATION
- They will receive an email notification that they have gained access to the account
Most agencies or partners will probably want to use a different way to connect through a manager account (formerly known as an MCC). Using this method, you give access by accepting an invitation your partner will send to you.
Are you an agency or freelancer? This next bit is for you!
How to Request Access to a Google Ads Account
If you are managing Google ads for a client, you’ll need access to their account before you can conduct an audit or get started with managing their advertising campaigns.
You can ask your client to give you access straight away by sending a request. Keep in mind that you will need to know their Google Ad account ID in order to use this method.
Here’s how to request access to someone else’s Google Ads account:
- Head to your Google Ads manager account
- Go to Settings —-> Sub Account Settings
- Hit the blue +
- Click on Link existing account
- Here, you will need to add your customer's Google Ads ID (annoyingly, they often don’t know it!)
- Once you get hold of it, paste it into the box. Google Ads will send a ‘request permissions’ email to your client
- Your client will need to click on the request link and manually add you to their Google Ads account
Is There a Simpler Way to Request Access to Google Ads Accounts?
Yes, there is 😏
With Leadsie, you can simply send a request to your client, they log in to their Google account, select the Google Ads account they want to give you access to and hit confirm. That’s it!
Leadsie does the work in the back end and adds you as a manager to the account. You can even request access to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google my business all with the same link.
If you manage multiple assets for your clients, you can easily request access to their Facebook pages, Facebook Ad accounts and Instagram via Leadsie.
You can create an account in 1min below and get an unlimited, free 14 day trial. 🙌