What is a Google Business Profile?
Formerly known as Google My Business, a Google Business profile is a simple online page you create about your business. It makes your business more visible and can help people find you online. The information you include on a Google Business Profile can appear in Google Maps, Google Shopping or Google searches. Include as much detail as possible on your Google Business Profile so customers can get the information they are searching for.
Why do you need to give or request access to your Google Business Profile?
If a marketing agency or freelancer takes care of your website’s paid traffic and marketing, they will likely need access to all your Google assets, including your Google Business Profile. Check out section 1 of this article. Follow the steps to grant somebody else access to your Google Business Profile.
Are you a marketing agency or freelancer who needs access to their clients’ Google Business Profile? Skip to section 2 to find out how to get speedy access to their account.
Prefer a video? Watch below!
1. How can you share access to your Google Business Profile?
- First, go to https://www.business.google.com/
- If you have several businesses, you may have to choose which one you want to give access to. To give access to your account, you need to be the owner of the business.
- Click on Users in the bottom left of your Google Business Profile Manager:
- Click Add new users and add the email address of the person you want to invite:
- You can also invite an organisation account (not an individual). To do this the agency or partner needs to give you an ID number which you can paste into the space like this:
- Next, you need to choose which role you want to give the agency or partner you are inviting. You have two options:
- Manager Role
- Owner Role (can invite others to manage your Google Business Profile)
- Once you’ve chosen the role you want to give, click Invite.
- This person or organisation will receive an email to tell them you’ve invited them to manage your Google Business Profile. They click confirm and will have access to your Profile.
2. How to request access to Google Business Profile if you’re an agency or freelancer
You can request access to your clients’ business locations if you are an agency or freelancer who looks after their Google Business Accounts.
- Go to business.google.com/agencysignup to set up your agency or freelancer account.
- You’ll need to enter your agency website and connect it to your Google account.
- Sign in to your agency account.
- Click on Manage invitations where you can see the invites you received:
- You can also request access to businesses that are already claimed by clicking request access in the top right corner:
- Type in the name of the business you want to request access to:
- Google will confirm this business is already claimed.
- Click Request Access
- Fill out the requested information about your business so the owner can see your request and confirm it.
What if you need access to many different Google My Business or Google Business Profiles? Making manual requests whenever you need access is time-consuming and wastes your resources.
Leadsie has a super simple solution: it allows you to request access to multiple Google Business Profiles at the same time.
With Leadsie, you can send a personalised Leadsie request link to your client. The client clicks on the link, logs in to their Google account and grants you the access you’re requesting.
Leadsie does the work in the back end and adds you as a manager or owner to the account. It removes steps from the manual process and makes your client onboarding smooth and easy.
You can even request access to Google Ads, Analytics and Tag Manager with the same link.
If you manage multiple assets for your clients, you can easily request access to their Facebook pages, Facebook Ad accounts and Instagram via Leadsie.
If you want to simplify your client onboarding and make client onboarding hassle-free, then try us out for free for 14 days.
You can create your account in less than a minute below 👇