Google Merchant Center is a simple way to make your products visible to your customer when they make a Google search.
What if someone else manages your Merchant Center account? Then you'll need to give them manage access, you can do this via Google or make it even simpler with Leadsie.
Are you an agency or freelancer who needs access to a client's account? In this article we'll cover everything you need to know about requesting access to Google Merchant Center.
We make it such a breeze, so you don't need to sweat the small stuff and can focus on what's important - making your clients money!
Let's dive in.
What is Google Merchant Center?
If you want your products to show up in Google shopping when a potential customer makes a search, you will need to list them via a Google Merchant Center account.
When you set up Google Merchant Center, you can:
- Manage your online inventory, including images, price and product information.
- List all the products you sell online directly via Google to show up via Google searches.
- Pay for sponsored ads so searchers see your product first for your chosen search term, like this search for running shoes:
What are the benefits of Google Merchant Center?
Using Merchant Center helps you:
- Gain better visibility on Google Shopping
- Increase sales a you can sell products directly from Google
- Opportunity to optimize listings based on search intent
- Get an overview of your inventory
- Integrate your products seamlessly with Google Ads
- Get insights and analytics on customer search data
- Identify areas for improvement
- Easily integrate your listings with major e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and Woo Commerce
Do I need Google Merchant Center to run Google Ads?
Yes. If you want to run sponsored promotions for your website and appear on Google Shopping, you need to set up Google Merchant Center account.
List your products in the Merchant Center, then run ads for when people make related searches.
You need to link the two accounts for it to work.
Why do you need to give or request access to your Google Merchant Center?
If a marketing agency or freelancer takes care of your Google Ads, they will need access to your Merchant Center so they can add inventory and make changes to your product data and listings.
Does your business hire people to run your Google Ads? Check out section 1 of this article. Follow the steps to grant access to your Google Merchant Center.
Are you a marketing agency or freelancer who needs access to their clients’ Google Merchant Center? Skip to section 2 to find out how to get speedy access to their account.
1. How to give access to Google Merchant Center
If you want to give access to someone to manage your Google Merchant Center, follow these steps:
1. Head over to Google Merchant Center
2. If you don’t already have a Merchant Center account, you’ll need to set one up (all you need is a Google account)
3. Click the cog in the top right corner and select "Users and access"
4. Click on "+Add user"
5. Enter the email address of the person you want to give access to:
6. Click "Add user" at the bottom of that page
7. Choose the permissions you want to give (admin access or standard access) & the notifications they will receive
8. Click "Add user" at the bottom of that page
9. The person you added will receive an email like this:
They click on "Accept invitation" and have the access they need to start listing products in your Merchant Center, it will look like this:
2. How to request access to Google Merchant Center
Are you an agency or freelancer who needs access to your client’s Google Merchant Center account?
To get access, you need to ask your client to add you as a user using the steps above. There is no way to "request access" within Google Merchant Center.
HOWEVER, there is now an easier way than asking your client to follow the process above.
The Leadsie Google Merchant Center integration makes it simpler than ever to request access to your client's Google Merchant Center.
You send them your Leadsie link, they put in their own log in information and BOOM, just like that you have access.
Here's how it works:
What's the easiest way to get access to Google Merchant Center?
Making manual requests whenever you need access is time-consuming and wastes your resources.
Leadsie has a super simple solution: it allows you to request access to multiple Google business assets at the same time.
With Leadsie, you can send a personalised Leadsie request link to your client. The client clicks on the link, logs in to their Google account and grants you the access you’re requesting.
Leadsie does the work in the back end and adds you as a manager to the account. It removes steps from the manual process and makes your client onboarding smooth and easy.
You can even request Google Analytics and Google Business Profile access with the same link as your Google Merchant Center Link.
If you manage multiple assets for your clients, you can also quickly request access to their Facebook pages, Facebook Ad accounts and Instagram accounts via Leadsie.
If you want to simplify your client onboarding and make client onboarding hassle-free, then try us out for free for 14 days.
You can create your account in less than a minute by dropping your email in the box below.