Does an agency or freelancer manage your business’s TikTok content and ads? Then will need to grant them access to your TikTok account and TikTok ad account.
Do you manage TikTok for your clients and need access to their accounts and do you need to request TikTok access from them?
This article will show you the easiest way to grant and request access to a TikTok account and TikTok ad account.
If you’re the owner of the TikTok account, we’ll also show you how to keep your account secure and manage who is logged in to it.
Prefer a video? Watch below!
How to Give Manage Access to a TikTok Account
Right now, the only way to give someone else access to manage your TikTok account is to share your username and password with them.
While this might not be the most secure way for someone else to manage your account, it’s currently the only option.
It’s totally fine to be logged in to your TikTok account on multiple devices.
The easiest way to see who is logged in to your account and manage them is to check your Settings and privacy on the account.
- On the TikTok app, click the Profile icon in the bottom right
- Click the 3 lines horizontal lines in the top right corner
- This should bring up Settings and privacy; select that option:
- On this screen, choose Security and login:
- Select Manage devices:
Here you can also add 2-step verification to add an extra level of security to your account (it means you’ll have to approve every time someone else tries to log in)
- In Manage devices, you will see a list of devices currently logged in to your account
- You can use the trash icon next to the device you want to remove from your account:
- You will be sent a 6-digit security code to your email, which you need to enter to remove the device
How to Create a TikTok Business Center Account
Your TikTok account and TikTok ad account are not managed in the same place.
If you want to run TikTok ads, you will need to create a TikTok ad account in the TikTok Business Center. (Note you need to do this on desktop rather than on the TikTok mobile app).
Before you can set up a TikTok ad account, you need to set up a TikTok Business Center account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to the Business Center using your normal TikTok account details
- You’ll be asked to fill in some details about your business (address, business activities etc.)
- You will be directed to this screen asking if you authorise TikTok Business to access your TikTok account:
If you click authorize, you will now have a Business Center account set up.
Now it’s time to set up your TikTok ad account within the TikTok Business Center.
How to Create a TikTok Advertiser Account
Here’s how to set up your TikTok ad account within the TikTok Business Center:
- Under Assets --> Advertiser accounts, click on Add advertiser account :
- You will get the option to add an advertiser account; click on Create new:
- You will then need to add some information about your business:
- Click Next to submit this information and wait for TikTok to approve your new ad account
How to add a TikTok ad account to a TikTok Business Center
If your client already has an ad account set up, you'll need a business center so you can manage their TikTok ads. Here's how to add an existing ad account to a new business center.
1. Log in to the TikTok ad account and go to "Basic Information"
2. Click "Enter Business Center" in the top right
3. i) Click "Create Business Center Account"
3. ii) Optional - If you have previously not registered with an email address (e.g. you've used your TikTok account) you can add this now:
4. Go to "Advertiser Accounts" on the left in your new TikTok Business Center, Click "Add advertiser account" followed by "Request Access"
5. Select "Admin" and paste in the ID of your Ad Account
Not sure how to find your ad account ID? Log in to ads.tiktok.com, and after you've logged in, copy the full URL. At the end, you'll find a parameter called "?aadvid=". Whatever comes after this ID is your Ad Account ID:
6. Success, your ad account is added automatically
How to Grant Access to a TikTok Ad Account
Now you’ve set up an account in the TikTok Business Center and created an advertiser account within it; you may want to give someone access to manage that account.
How to invite team members
If you want to invite an internal team member to your TikTok Business Center, you can click on:
- Invite Member
- Enter their email address
- You then choose the level of access you want to give them
How to invite agencies and freelancers
Agencies and freelancers who aren’t part of your company can manage your TikTok ad account using their own Business Center (they won’t need access to yours).
You can add them as a partner in your Business Center to give them access to your TikTok ad account.
In the Business Center, click on:
- Advertiser accounts
- Share with partner:
- You will then see this screen where you’ll need to enter your partner’s Business Center ID:
- Choose the level of access permission you want to give them and click send
- Your partner will receive an invitation that you’ve invited them to your TikTok Business Center account that looks like this:
How to Request Access to a TikTok Account
Do you manage the content for a client’s TikTok account? To request access to your clients’ TikTok account, you will need to ask them to share their username and password with you. You can then log in and start sharing content on their behalf.
If you use a social media scheduling tool, you can link your client’s TikTok account with it. You’ll still need your client’s username and password to link the scheduling tool to their account.
How to Request Access to a TikTok Ad Account
If you already created an account in the TikTok Business Center, you can request access to other people’s TikTok advertising accounts. Depending on the access level you get, you can manage ad account settings, spends, and permissions, set up new ads, or just have view access to see the ad analytics.
Here’s how to request access to your partner or client’s ad account:
- Log in to the TikTok Business Center (you can use your normal TikTok credentials once you have a Business Center account set up)
- Go to Assets on the right-hand side
- Click on Advertiser Accounts
- You will see this screen where you select Request Access:
- You will need to enter your partner or client’s advertiser account ID (you’ll need to ask them for it)
- You can then choose the access level you need and hit request
- Your client will receive an email that you need access and will be able to grant it to you
Remember that you need to have your own TikTok Business Center or access to your client’s Business Center if you want access to their ad account.
New extra step to get ad account access!
There is now an extra step in the process if you want to actually run ads from your client’s ad account (the above steps are to request view access only).
To run ads via a client TikTok account, follow these steps:
- Go to TikTok Accounts in your business centre:
2. Click on Request Access and select the access level you need:
3. You will be presented with a QR code which you need to share with your client so they can grant your access request:
4. The client needs to open the QR code and scan it with their TikTok app:
5. Voila! You now have access to run ads through their ad account!
Want your clients to give you access with 2-clicks?
With Leadsie, you can get access to your client’s TikTok Ads account as well as Facebook page, Facebook ad account and Google assets with one link - see Leadsie in action for TikTok here:
You send them your unique Leadsie link, they log in to their account and grant you the access you need.
Leadsie saves you the headache of back and forth emails to onboard new clients.
It’s more secure for everyone and saves a ton of time! Give it a try with our 14-day free trial…just enter your email in the box below!